Given another round of recent layoffs, we’ve compiled some more jobs listings to help those who may be looking for work. If you know of an opening that we haven’t listed, please contact Elizabeth Donald at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to add it.
And don’t forget the SPJ Employment and Career Center! It includes more than 50 journalism-related jobs banks, as well as a plethora of information and advice for conducting a job search: videos and training on building a killer resume, standing out in a pool of applications, networking and more.
Good luck to all those pounding the pavement!
• St. Louis Public Radio has created a new position for an investigative journalist who can be both reporter and coordinator of investigative work. Full listing.
• Call Newspapers is looking for a full-time reporter to handle government news and occasional features for four community weekly papers, as well as posting to web and social media, some photography and design. Full listing.
• The Maryville Forum is looking for a news reporter; bachelor’s degree required, experience desired. Family-owned weekly. Full listing.
• The Columbia Daily Tribune is seeking a news editor to drive transition to a digital-first operation, a leadership role working with reporters, photographers, page designers and other editors. Full listing.
• Northwest Herald in Crystal Lake, Ill. is seeking an experienced reporter for breaking news, features, community coverage and local events. Ability to shoot photo and video is a must. Full listing.
• 22nd Century Media is seeking freelance reporters and photographers to work directly with editors on local government, features, events, sports and more. Full listing.
• The Joliet (Ill.) Herald News and Watseka Ill. Times-Republic are each seeking a sports editor. Full listings.
• The Southern Illinoisan in Carbondale, Ill. seeks a part-time copy editor who can package content for digital, work with regional designers, can work a flexible schedule and more. Full listing.
• Now News Group in Milwaukee, Wis. seeks a multimedia reporter interested in telling stories on multiple platforms. Full listing.
• Lee Enterprises is seeking a special presentation designer and page designer for its design center in Madison, Wis. and its regional design center in Munster, Ind. Full listing.
• Sauk Valley Media is seeking a staff photographer. Full listing.
• The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting is looking for an investigative reporter to work individually and in teams. Required is five years’ experience and a proven track record, comfort with data and documents, and radio experience is a plus.
• Wausau (Wis.) Daily Herald seeks an experienced public issues investigative reporter with a minimum of five years’ experience to work with a team of watchdog reporters. Full listing.
• The Indianapolis Star is seeking a breaking news reporter for public safety weeknights; arts and culture columnist; and a “things to do” reporter for Hamilton County. Full listing.
• The Decatur Herald & Review needs a copy editor; full listing.
• Evansville (Ind.) Courier & Press seeks a neighborhood issues reporter with a focus on Owensboro, Ky. who can shoot photos and video. Full listing.
• The Newton (Iowa) Daily News needs a city reporter with at least one year experience. Full listing.
• The Des Moines (Iowa) Register needs: a rapid response general assignment reporter; political columnist; statehouse reporter; politics reporter; and metro reporter. Full listing.
• The Louisville (Ky.) Courier-Journal needs a “future city” reporter and political reporter. Full listing.
• The Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer needs an assistant editor and military reporter.
• Crain’s Chicago Business seeks a health care reporter for a newsletter and daily breaking news. Full listing.
ACES/Society for Editing