We are pleased to announce our new secretary, Katelyn Mae Petrin!
Katelyn has kindly agreed to take over the responsibilities of board secretary after prior secretary Jill Moon had to resign. Jill remains on the chapter’s board as a member-at-large.
Katelyn Mae Petrin wears many hats as editorial assistant for St. Louis Magazine, for whom she copyedits three publications, edits the health and home blogs, and reports news and culture stories. Katelyn is a recent graduate of Washington University, where she was editor-in-chief for Frontiers health magazine and was funded to write literary journalism about real-life cyborgs. Previously she interned for St. Louis Public Radio, KDHX, the Common Reader, Nine Network, and the Riverfront Times.
We all welcome Katelyn to the St. Louis Pro chapter board, and look forward to her contributions.
Have you ever considered volunteering with SPJ? We are always on the lookout for more volunteers, people with fresh ideas to help us develop useful and fun programming for our members and the journalism community. If interested, please contact chapter president Elizabeth Donald at email@example.com! We’d also love to hear your ideas about programming and events that would be useful for you as journalists. Talk to us!
Current SPJ Pro Board
- President: Elizabeth Donald, Belleville News-Democrat
- Vice President/Treasurer: Tammy Merrett, SIUE/The Alestle
- Secretary: Katelyn Mae Petrin, St. Louis Magazine
- Membership chair: Gary Meyer, St. Louis Globe-Democrat
- University Liaison: Neil Ralston, Lindenwood University
- At large: Carlos Restrepo, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- At large: Jill Moon, the Alton Telegraph
- At large: David Nicklaus, St. Louis Post-Dispatch