From the national organization:
“SPJ has been an industry leader for more than 90 years, and some of its activities may surprise you. Although your rights as a journalist are guaranteed under the First Amendment, the Society of Professional Journalists, both nationally and through local chapters, fights and wins battles for Freedom of Information and First Amendment rights that might not otherwise be fought at all. As a result of SPJ’s grass-roots activism, we are able to address vital issues confronting today’s working journalist.”
- President: Elizabeth Donald, reporter, Belleville News-Democrat. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice president/treasurer: Tammy Merrett, program director, The Alestle at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. Email: email@example.com
- Secretary: Kae M. Petrin, digital reporter, St. Louis Public Radio.
- Membership: Gary Meyer, reporter, St. Louis Globe-Democrat. Phone: 314-662-0502. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising: Open
- University liaison: Neil Ralston, professor, Lindenwood University. Email: email@example.com
- Programming: Open
At-large board members:
- Carlos Restrepo, communications specialist, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Phone: 314-372-5849. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Nicklaus, Business columnist, St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Jill Moon, Lifestyles editor/writer, The Telegraph, Alton, Ill.Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapter By-Laws: [pdf]