From the national organization:
“SPJ has been an industry leader for more than 90 years, and some of its activities may surprise you. Although your rights as a journalist are guaranteed under the First Amendment, the Society of Professional Journalists, both nationally and through local chapters, fights and wins battles for Freedom of Information and First Amendment rights that might not otherwise be fought at all. As a result of SPJ’s grass-roots activism, we are able to address vital issues confronting today’s working journalist.”
- President: David Sheets, freelance content manager, editor and writer. Phone: 314-971-0073. Email email@example.com.
- Treasurer, immediate past-president: Tammy Merrett, program director, The Alestle at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. Phone: 618-650-3597. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Carlos Restrepo, communications specialist, Room at the Inn and La Posada Providencia homeless shelters. Phone: 314-372-5849. Email: email@example.com
- Membership: Gary Meyer, reporter, St. Louis Globe-Democrat. Phone: 314-662-0502. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising: Lynden Steele, director of photography, St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Email: email@example.com
- University liaison: Open
At-large board members:
- Elizabeth Donald, reporter, Belleville News-Democrat.
- Janette Lonsdale, content strategist, The Red Stairs.
- Jill Moon, Lifestyles editor/writer, The Telegraph, Alton, Ill.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- David Nicklaus, Business columnist, St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Chapter By-Laws: [pdf]