Several Mark of Excellence awards went to St. Louis-area college students this weekend at the Region 7 conference!
A full list of MoE awards will be posted soon on the Kansas City Press Club website. In the meantime, here are the awards that I picked up on behalf of our St. Louis students:
• Michelle Sproat of Lindenwood University, winner for television sports photography, “Lindenwood men’s water polo hosts tournament”; and winner for television general news reporting, “Yik Yak takes Lindenwood by storm.”
• Caitlin Baker of Lindenwood University, winner for television in-depth reporting, “Stop heroin.”
• Kristine Gipperich of Lindenwood University, finalist for television in-depth reporting, “Body of Jane Doe exhumed.”
• Phil Scherer of Lindenwood University, winner for sports writing (small college), “From palm trees to cobblestones: Journeyman QB to end college career at LU.”
• Je’Nell McCrary of St. Louis Community College, finalist for general column writing (small college), “National sexual assault awareness month.”
• Phil Brahm of Lindenwood University, finalist for best use of multimedia, “Road work will cause delays on major route along Lindenwood campus.”
• Emily Adair, Phil Brahm and staff of Lindenlink at Lindenwood University, finalist for best associated website.
• Viktoria Muench of Lindenwood University, winner for general news reporting (small college), “Dorm key raise security concerns.”
There were many other awards handed out, so please visit the Kansas City Press Club in the coming days and we will add a link when the full list is posted. St. Louis Pro chapter president Elizabeth Donald accepted the Lindenwood and SLCC certificates on behalf of those who could not be there, and will distribute them to the winners as soon as possible. For lots of detail on the conference, check out #spjregion7con on Twitter!
Congratulations to the winners!